Are you a time served Electrician?
Do you hold a Level 3 Diploma in Electro-technical Installation or equivalent NVQ?
Would you like to train, support and guide Apprentices of the future?
We are looking for an Apprenticeship Training Assessor for an immediate start to work 30 hours per week with a local further education provider. This is a long term role with the potential of becoming permanent. The pay rate is between £24,325 to £25,949 per annum (pro rata if part time). The duties will include;
- Advising, recruiting, training, supporting, guiding and assessing Apprentices within an identified sector, primarily on employers’ premises to an agreed caseload.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on the progress of apprentices within the caseload, maintaining accurate, effective and up to date records in accordance with York College and Apprenticeship protocols.
- Ensuring the employer has appropriate Health and Safety and Safeguarding measures in place to ensure the safety and well-being of all apprentices whilst under the supervision of the employer.
The successful candidate should:
- be a time served Electrician
- hold Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnical/Installation or equivalent NVQ (This could be EAL or CGLI)
- have IET Wiring Regulations preferably 18th Edition (current) though 17th would be OK. (CGLI 2382 or equivalent)
- hold Inspection and Testing (CGLI 2395 & 2395 or equivalent)
- have an A1 Assessor Award
- own a V1 Verifier Award (desirable)
- preferably hold a recognised teaching qualification or working towards (Cert Ed or equivalent) – not essential
- have relevant On-Site experience in Domestic/Industrial/Commercial installations
- be knowledgeable about Awarding body Qualifications/Units/Portfolio’s relevant to Electrical Course (Desirable)
If you’re right for this role then you will;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be able to work as part of a team
- be PC literate
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or call 01904 554195 and ask for Ellis for more information.
All applicants are required to provide two references (one of which should be related to teaching). We also require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via the DBS if you are not registered with the DBS Online Update Service.