Do you enjoy engaging with children at play?
Are you available to work in a local school before and/or after school hours?
Can you work as part of a team?
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic Breakfast and After School Club Assistant to help at one of our Out of School Hours Clubs based in York. On average, around 40 children aged from Reception to Year 6 attend. Experience in a similar role is an advantage although full training will be given. First aid qualifications are also an advantage. 16 hours per week – Monday to Thursday.
Duties will include:
- Taking part in the delivery of safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities in a fun and caring environment
- Keeping children safe and minimizing risks in the play environment
- Helping ensure the safe arrival of children at the club and safe delivery to Parents and Carers at the end of the session.
- Providing snacks and refreshments to the children
- Administering first aid as appropriate
- Being responsible for tidying rooms and taking care of club equipment
- Working within agreed policies and procedures, and in particular, being aware of staff responsibilities around the safeguarding of children in our care
Please note, as this vacancy is to start immediately therefore we suggest that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
We can offer you:-
- Competitive rates paid weekly
- A workplace pension
- Holiday pay based on your pay rates
- A simple online timesheet system
- Ethical in-house payroll – because we don’t use an umbrella company
- Supportive and experienced local team
- Staff offers, discounts, competitions & annual awards
- Rewards for recommending colleagues and friends
With so many agencies and so many claims, don’t just take our word for it, here’s what our staff say:-
“From further education to pre-school age children, I’ve had the opportunity to be involved with an wide age range, along with abilities and needs”.
“I had a great time in my new role. The learners were good and I really enjoyed it. Should work out well, moving forwards. I’m so glad I emailed you looking for supply when I did – this could be a great arrangement… Thanks again for your work on this”
How to get in touch with us
To discuss further please contact us on 01904 554195
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all WorkwithSchools staff to share this commitment.
All applicants are required to provide two work references. We also require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via the DBS if you are not registered on the DBS Online Update Service.
WorkwithSchools is proudly sponsoring Minster FM’s Test the Teacher 2019 challenge.
For more info please visit the Minster FM website.