Experienced Exams Officer?
Organised, efficient and unflappable?
Available for immediate start?
WorkwithSchools’ secondary school clients in York require an Exam Officer for an immediate start.
Covering long term absence and flexible on hours (both full and part-time considered) this role is available until at least Easter 2019, with the likelihood of ongoing part-time work through to Summer 2019. The rate of pay is from £10 per hour.
Based at a successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school (2017 Ofsted – Good), this critical role is responsible for the smooth and efficient organisation and administration both internal and external exams including:-
- Collating departmental information to ensure pupil entries are correct for subject and level;
- Liaising with staff, students and parents in person and by phone;
- Contacting exam boards and registering entries;
- Organising exams rooms and requirements;
- Training, timetabling and supervising invigilators;
- Ensuring secure storage, distribution and despatch of exams papers;
- Providing full administrative support to the School Business Manager
You’ll need experience in a similar role as well as :
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Be able to use a range of IT systems for administrative and data input work;
- Supervision, training and induction of staff;
- Familiarity with schools testing, exams, exam boards, syllabuses and regulations
- Ideally knowldge of SIMS
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
To apply please send your CV or completed application form to email@example.com or call 01904 554195 for more information.
All applicants are required to provide two references. We also require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via the DBS if you are not registered with the DBS Online Update Service